|Monday, December 18, 2017
SENIORS FOR SENIORS
|Seniors for Seniors is a program that matches senior people wanting companionship with an adult or senior pet who needs a home.
This really amounts to a permanent foster program. The senior person selects the pet they want, takes it home and provides it with food and flea control. Maranatha Farm provides heartworm prevention, spay or neuter, all vaccinations and worming, as well as any medical care ever required by the pet.
Free boarding at Maranatha Farm is included, whenever the senior person wants.
In the event the senior person becomes unable to care for the pet, it is returned to Maranatha Farm.
No adoption fee is charged for this program but the person must fill out an Adoption Application and qualify the same as an adopter.
The Senior Person –
- Must be over 60 years of age.
- May be employed part time but not fulltime.
- Must be physically capable of controlling and caring for the pet.
- Must be capable of providing the pet with the necessary level of exercise.
- Provides food, treats and flea/tick prevention.
Maranatha Farm –
- Provides vaccinations and wormings.
- Provides heartworm prevention materials
- Arranges for any medical care needed.
- Accepts the animal back for boarding as needed
- Accepts the animal back if the senior person becomes unable to care for it.